Summer is all about punchy, zingy and zesty food that’s light on your belly and packed with lots of freshness. Without compromising any taste and making use of the seasonal produce.
I love mangoes. Being from India I have thrived on mango diets during summer which I hugely miss in London. Not that you do not get mangoes here, but we don’t get the variety of mangoes we get in India. Having said that I do love the tropical variety of mangoes in london that’s usually produce of carribeans.
So coming to this salad, I used these sweet and tangy mangoes as one of the key ingredients. The sweet, sour and a hint of chilli. This salad is simple than you can think. All you need to do is chop and assemble. I use prawns and pair them with the mangoes and avocados. You can mix and match grilled chicken or any other fish. If you are vegetarian, add grilled corn instead of the prawns. You can also replace it with grilled cauliflower florets. Go wild with your creativity.
This salad makes for 1. You can double or reduced the ingredients based on the size of your party or appetite
- 1 medium size ripe mango diced in cubes
- 1 medium size avocado diced in any shape
- 1 packet of peeled and cooked prawns. The pack i used has 150 gms of prawns. Check it here
- Some green salad leaves, any will do preferably rocket/arugula
- A handful of roasted peanuts to add the necessary crunch
For the salad dressing
- Juice of 1 large lemon
- Lemon zest of half a lemon
- 1/2 tbsp wholegrain mustard. I use this one
- Chilli flakes
- Combine all the salad ingredients in a large bowl.
- Combine the dressing ingredients in a small bowl or jar. Mix/Shake it well until mixed.
- Pour the dressing over the salad, mix well and serve.
This salad has no oil or added sugar. Its super healthy and delicious. I make it several times in summers. I replace prawns with other meats as I mentioned at the start of this post. Enjoy this tasty preparation.
You can also check try my healthy Peri Peri chicken salad
I would love to hear any feedback from you if you made this or recommendations for any other interesting summer salads. Till then eat healthy!