For the uninitiated I am obsessed with Pumpkin spice. I can only blame Starbucks for it. The Halloween month brings the famous Pumpkin Spice Latte in Starbucks, that golden frothy coffee with warm aromas of the spice, we know winter has arrived.
After I discovered that I can make the spice all by myself, I started using it in anything and everything. Yes very silly of me. Rather idiotic.
Part of this stupidity, I ended up using it to prepare french toasts and trust me, the result was simply WoW. So I just can’t help sharing with you guys what I created.
This isnt a great new creation, but a twist to the same old french toast which may have become boring in your life. I like sweet french toasts at times. So I added pumpkin spice to my toasts, pan fried them, added maple syrup and garnished it with what was available in my fridge, that is toasted coconuts and pecans. And voila, you have a cafe breakfast at no cost on your table.
- White Sandwich Bread, sliced.
- Two large eggs
- Icing Sugar
- Pumpkin Spice
- Butter to pan fry
- Toasted nuts, I used Pecans
- Toasted coconut
- Fruit of your choice, I used black grapes
- Maple or Golden Syrup
- Whipped Cream (Optional)
- Beat the eggs nice and little fluffy, you can add a Tbsp of single cream if you like. Add 2 tbsp of icing sugar. Now you can make them without sugar too, its more to your taste.
- Add pumpkin spice to the egg and beat to incorporate together.
- Heat your pan. Add a knob of butter.
- Cut the slices of breads in triangular halves or keep them whole, as you like. Dip them in the egg, turn around to coat both sides.
- Place the slices in the pan and on medium flame let them brown. Flip them over to ensure its got a lovely brown fried coating.
- Transfer on to a plate and serve hot with maple syrup, fruit, toasted nuts and whipped cream.