Mango lassi is a quintessential Indian summer drink. Even in the UK one can find it all year round in India restaurants and street food shops. Why is mango lassi so popular?
Well it isn’t a tough question. I know no one who dislikes mango. And we all like that cold velvet sweet nectar during blistering summers. Its elixir.
Its very easy to prepare mango lassi. You need about three ingredients and rest for garnishing.
- Mango Pulp (I used KTC Alphonso tinned pulp. You can use pulp of fresh mangoes as well)
- Low fat Yogurt (You can also use greek or full fat depending on your liking)
- Sugar optional ( I did not add as the mango pulp was very sweet)
- Milk optional (You can use if you want a thinner consistency)
- Ice cubes optional
- Saffron strands for garnishing
- In a blender or using a hand blender in a tall jar add mango pulp and yogurt. Add sugar if you like.
- Blend for few minutes at high speed. Thin the consistency using milk if needed.
- Pour in glasses with ice cubes and garnish with saffron.